October 4, 2008

can't eat at all!!!

where it all started:

9/30/08 tuesday night: for some reason i was feeling so sleepy that night at work. i could not help it, my eyes has a mind of it's own!! i was so tired since it's my third straight duty at the hospital and my body was as equally heavy that night. what's worst is when this was happening it's only 1:30am so that means 6 (plus the time to get home) more hours to go until i reach the comfort of my bed. so what else to do is to drink a cup of coffee for some caffeine boost in my system. it work wonders, in few minutes i was feeling alive once more!!! but since i am no coffee drinker (or maybe i'm just tangga) i burned my mouth from sipping my coffee too soon!!! should have known it better...coffee are hot!!!

10/01/08 wednesday morning: as soon as we reached the comfort of our house, my husband cooked breakfast for me. he fried some spam, eggs, garlic fried rice and opened a can of pork and beans (he got it from boyscout and until now he needs to have it partnered with spam!!) since i am so looking forward in resting my whole body that morning, i ate my food so fast and not (again) thinking that the beans are scorching hot!! and once again....for the second time around i burned my tongue and the roof of my mouth....

10/01/08 afternoon: after waking up to a very restful 7 hours of sleep, i went straight to our pantry to look for some snacks to munch on while watching tv. the first thing i saw are some quaker rice snacks and some potato chips.so i munched on them until i can really feel the pain around my tongue and the roof of my mouth. so i stopped eating them since it will be dinner (breakfast to us) soon. i planned to just bake some tilapia fillets that night. since the tilapia fillets are soft and no need for alot of chewing, i did not thought of my swollen mouth that much!!

10/2/08 late afternoon: my husband was craving for some japanese food so he invited me to eat at Todai buffet restaurant. so we did...but during this time the swelling of my mouth was so much that i only had one rounds during our stay there. what i ate that time was totally less than the amount of the price we paid for the buffet.

10/3/08 whole day: i could not bear the pain anymore, that i need to pop some motrin to subside the pain i'm feeling. then i started to gargle warm salt water as well. i planned to call my dentist, just to figure out that the dental office i go to are close during the weekends....

hay....so now i'm in soft bland diet...i'm planning to cook lugaw and tinolang manok today. i hope this thing gets better.... i miss enjoying my food :(