super init yesterday afternon, kaya sabi ko sa aking asawa, kumain ka nalang sa hospital kasi tinatamad akong mag-luto ng dinner. pero kawawang pobre, tumawag sa akin para sabihin na full house daw ang census ng patients nila kaya hindi na sya nakabili ng dinner. super na guilty ako na nagtra-trabaho ng gutom asawa ko, balak ko ngang dalhan ng food sa hospital nya, but he didn't let me kasi daw gabi na at baka may mangyari pa sa akin!! so to compensate the hunger he suffered the whole night, i woke up early and made him his favorite breakfast!!!
slices of english muffin
slices of ham
1 T vinegar (for poaching the eggs)
2 cups water
4 egg yolks
3 1/2 T lemon juice
1 pinch of white pepper
1 T water
1 cup melted butter
1/4 t salt
- fry the slices of ham (i know that ham are cooked but i grew up always having our ham fried, kaya personal choice ko lang ito!!)
- toast the slices of english muffin
- in a shallow pan boil water and vinegar, when hot, lower the fire to medium and slowly put eggs one by one in the pan. cook the eggs until the yolk is half way done
- for the sauce, i use a double boiler system, i boil water in a sauce pan and then put a heat proof bowl over the sauce pan.
- i whisk in the egg yolks, lemon juice, pepper, water, and salt. when mixed add the melted butter and mix constantly until the mixture thickens
- then assemble: english muffin, ham, egg, and sauce all over!!
side kuwento: while doing the sauce, tumawag akng akin mommy para mangamusta, kaya yan medyo nasobrahan ang thickness nya!!well anyways, eric still enjoyed his breakfast and right after eating tulog agad sya!! super pagod siguro and he still has work for 2 more nights, ako naman juty ako bukas and wednesday!! kaya hindi kami magkikita magasawa until wednesday night, kasi by the time i come home tomorrow night, nakaalis na sya for work and by the time he comes home, i am already at work...hay ang buhay nga naman...!! but you gotta do what you gotta do to earn money!!!