February 21, 2007

Costume Time


I got my wedding gown this morning...i can't help but to shed some tears when they handed it to me... grabe it is so beautiful!!! it is an off-the-shoulder ivory satin gown, with beaded gold metallic lace details all over the body, and a 4 meters fully beaded cathedral train. after the mass the cathedral train will be bustled up to form an elegant design skirt.

side kuwento: when we decided to pursue our church wedding..first question i asked myself was "paano gown ko?" at the beginning i was really planning to have my wedding gown made by a famous cotourier in manila... kasi nga sabi ng mommy ko... "wag kang mag-kuripot sa gown mo...minsan lang ito..at syempre everybody will be focused at you kaya dapat bongga ang gown mo..."

so i listed the "must have" ng gown ko...

  • first it needs to have a cathedral train kasi ang haba ng aisle ng malate church...thinking na mas dramatic kung super haba ng buntot ko diba?
  • secondly i really want a fully beaded gown..kasi i chose a simple gown for my entourage...joke ko nga sa family ko.."ako lang ang bongga sa araw na yun!!!"
  • lastly i want a cap shoulder sleaves gown...parang hindi ko kasi trip ang sleaveless or halter gown...pero open naman ako sa strapless gown

so i contacted Edward Teng to inquire kung mag-kano yung style na gown na gusto ko.. i sent them several pictures of the gown i envision to wear during my wedding..they quoted it as 55k...sabi nila satin daw tapos cathedral train and fully beaded with swarovski crystal... so before i finalized my contract with edward...eric and i went to several bridal boutiques dito sa LA and when i went inside this one store i saw this gown starring at me and calling my name!!!! sabi ko kay eric eto ang gown para sa akin... i think eric saw the spark at my eyes so he said "oh sige bilhin mo na...!!!"

i do believe that the price of this gown is worth every penny of it...kahit lumagpas sya sa budget namin for my gown....kasi super elegant and beautiful naman sya eh...!!!! tuloy hindi na talaga ako mapakali...grabe na ang excitement na ito...

0 comments: